Heart Disease Expert Forum
development of Coronary collateral arteries
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

development of Coronary collateral arteries

How long does it take the body to generate coronary collateral arteries? Other than excersize as tolerated is there any thing which can help stimulate their formation and growth such as meds or dietary supplements.
Related Discussions
1687176_tn?1321401609
Collateral circulation usually occurs in a mismatch of supply and demand. In other words, there is decreased blood flow to a certain part of the body where there is high demand. This can be the result of increasing the demands of the body (weight training, cardiovascular exercise, etc) or from a decrease supply (i.e. blocked vessels as in peripheral vascular disease or coronary artery disease). Medication or dietary supplements do not stimulate this type of growth.
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you, so i guess I'll just keep swiming laps and hope my body gets the idea.
Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now