Heart Disease Community
diagnosed with cardiomapathy

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

diagnosed with cardiomapathy

Im 41 years old and  have  been diagnosed with a dilated cardiomyapathy. I feel like this is a death sentance. Maybe im over reacting but its realy scary and has got me realy worried and depressed. I have been surfing all over the internet reading about this and a lot of stuff doesnt sound to promising. Anyone else feel the same way.
I had a dilated left ventricle 4 some years ago with an EF in the heart failure category.  Now normal size as well as EF.

The underlying cause for the remodeling of the heart is determinent whether the dilated condition can be successfully treated (reverse remodeling) or stop/dely progression, or a failure of treatment resulting in heart failure.

Dilated LV is the condition that has a high success rate for a reversal.  Frequently, the heart is overworked and the system compensates by enlarging the heart's pumping chamber. Uncorrected the heart will over-compensate, and the enlargement will reduce the heart's pumping ability ,causing congested heart failure.  

The overworked heart often is caused by high blood pressure, faster than normal heart rate, over production of fluids by the kidneys, etc. Treatment to lower blood pressure by dilating vessels, slow the heart rate, and water pill to reduce fluids, etc. will provide relief to the heart and reverse remodeling.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the info, its really encouraging but how much time does it take and do we live throughout the life with restricted fluids or only till the EF is normal. No one knows anything and no is promising any positive results , although they say that you will live if you follow all the things properly, please help and clarify