difficulty breathing
My husband found a lump in his chest and the doctor said that it was a cyst, told him to give it a month and if it hadn't gone away on its own to come back and they would surgically remove it. Well, a few weeks went by and it is getting bigger instead of smaller and the bigger it gets the more difficulty he has breathing. We took him to the E.R. where they did a C.T. scan and some blood work and sent him home with no explanation, so we went to a second E.R. the next day and told them again that he was having difficulty breathing so they felt of his chest, did blood work and another C.T. scan. They said that the lump was very small and that half of his lung was collapsed from not being able to take deep breaths and then sent him home. My husband has a history of heart disease and 2 heart attacks, this fluid (if that is what it is) is right over his heart, he has also (in the past) had fluid build up behind his heart. My question is, why do they not seem to have any concern of the fact that he is having the  breathing difficulty that may or may not have anything to do with the lump in his chest?

This discussion is related to lung and breathing complications.