Heart Disease Community
discomfort after 7 stents

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

discomfort after 7 stents

I passed out while jogging, found 99% blockage in a couple of arteries after cath. Doctor put in 5 stents first a year and half ago. 10 month later, I felt a panic attack on highway in a stormy weather(could not breath, heart beating fast, thought I was going to pass out; recovered in about 5min). Another cath, doctor found one stent closed and a new blockage. Doctor put in 2 more stents, one inside the closed stent, another with a bigger different brand. They also found another artery was in 30% blokage. I was admitted to ER three months later after experienced discomfort while driving. They did cath, all look fine. I have taken plavax, asprine, liptor (liptor), licinapril and metoprolol(twicw a day). I HDL & LDL Cholesterol is very normal since I took the meds. Blood pressure is under control. But I constantly feel discomfort in heart area (heaviness, tickling), worse while driving. I saw psychiatrist for this. Still feel this heaviness on left. No symptoms during sleep, did not feel worse during exercise. Should I do another cath? please help!!!!
For this to worsen while driving leads me to believe it is anxiety related. Exercise will bring on symptoms of a blockage as this is when your heart is working the hardest, and the lack of blood flow to an area will cause discomfort.  Are you worried that something will happen while driving?  This is certainly understandable, but it sounds like your Cardiologist is watching you closely.  Have you discussed this with him, and gotten his opinion?  You could always get a second opinion, or try to think about this, and see if you are more nervous while driving due to the worry of something happening.  Anxiety can make you feel like you're having a heart attack, and since your last attack was while driving, I think it is causing you a lot of anxiety.  But all was okay at that time, and most likely still is.  But you have to do what will give you peace of mind, and rid you of the driving anxiety.  Try taking a long walk, and if you don't get this same feeling, then you know it is anxiety, and you can work on this.  Good luck to you, I know is worrisome and scarey, but you sound like you're healthy at this point, try to relax.
Thank you so......much for your advice!!!!
just had 7 stents put in 2 days ago 4 in one  and 3 in another all at the same time have some pain in my chest