Heart Disease Expert Forum
discomfort laying on back or left side

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

discomfort laying on back or left side
When I lay on my left side and back I feel pressure pushing inside of my left rib cage, I automatically like a light switch begin to get really gassy, stomach gurgling and draining noises and discomfort in the middle of my chest. Feels like a organ is putting pressure on my stomach and I also feel a lot of left side upper back soreness which I feel is linked. I also had some high blood pressure readings recently. Could some kind of swelling be putting pressure on my heart causing blood pressure to rise? Or is it possible my heart has swelling up and is raising my BP? I did have a situation a while back that felt like I had over exerted myself and felt pain and discomfort in my chest. I am and always have been a very healthy person and too calm and relaxed of a person to have high blood pressure for reasons such as anxiety.Please help, I want to be able to lay in any position or sit any way in peace. I don't like feeling the worst when I should be in relaxing positions. I also get extra soreness on that side and back pain on that side after working out, I have been through stress causing events in my life, much more difficult times and I never had problems like these, I am and have been in a relatively easy time in my life yet the probs are the worst now. I feel like emotions do make it worse but even good emotions. I would think if it was something like anxiety or depression then I would feel it when life is rough but I get it any time even when I feel on top of the world. This is hard to explain to a doctor so if I go to a doctor what should I say and what kind of testing should I request?
It is unlikely that this is related to your heart. Most likely it is either your GI tract ( gas and bloated type feeling), or less likely the lungs. I would ask for an EGD because this is possibly related to a peptic ulcer disease, or a right upper quadrant ultrasound to be related to gallstones.
A related discussion, what could be the cause of  pain in left side and back was started.