Heart Disease Community
dizziness, aortic valve leak

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

dizziness, aortic valve leak

Can a leak in your aortic valve cause dizziness?  I was diagnosed about 6 years ago with a leak in my aortic valve.  I was put on Atenolol.  Prior to that, my heart would skip alot but when I started this medication, it helped 85%.  I took Atenolol for about 4 years then another doctor changed me to Bystolic.  At the onset of this diagnosis and still, I deal with constant dizziness and feelings of 'the blood going out of my body" at night...like I am dying.  I went to the dr. 2 days ago and he did an echo and said heart looked good.  He changed my medication to hydrochlorothazide.  I slept maybe 2 hours last night ...woke with feeling of weakness running though my body, like it was just shutting down.  I read up on this medicine and it says it to lower blood pressure and a light diruetic.  I have never been diagnosed with high BP. Woulld this be 'normal' to take this medication?  I work out 4-5 days a week and have lost about 80 lbs over the past 4 years...i used to weight 323 and I"m down to 250.  I was down to 230 but i stay so dizzy, it is hard for me to exercise.  It is getting to the point now that I have episodes of almost passing out while driving and I really need some help.  I actually came to Cleveland Clinc about 3 months ago to see and ENT...one of about 4 I have seen over the years...he found NOTHING.  I've seen heart doctors, ENTs, neurologists, and been to ER so many times I can't count.  Is there anything you can do to help me?   PLEASE.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
ill13632 possible aphasia, deafness ... Comment
LouAnn53 is ... Comment
remar commented on specialmom's status
Apr 24