Heart Disease Community
dizziness, aortic valve leak

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

dizziness, aortic valve leak

Can a leak in your aortic valve cause dizziness?  I was diagnosed about 6 years ago with a leak in my aortic valve.  I was put on Atenolol.  Prior to that, my heart would skip alot but when I started this medication, it helped 85%.  I took Atenolol for about 4 years then another doctor changed me to Bystolic.  At the onset of this diagnosis and still, I deal with constant dizziness and feelings of 'the blood going out of my body" at night...like I am dying.  I went to the dr. 2 days ago and he did an echo and said heart looked good.  He changed my medication to hydrochlorothazide.  I slept maybe 2 hours last night ...woke with feeling of weakness running though my body, like it was just shutting down.  I read up on this medicine and it says it to lower blood pressure and a light diruetic.  I have never been diagnosed with high BP. Woulld this be 'normal' to take this medication?  I work out 4-5 days a week and have lost about 80 lbs over the past 4 years...i used to weight 323 and I"m down to 250.  I was down to 230 but i stay so dizzy, it is hard for me to exercise.  It is getting to the point now that I have episodes of almost passing out while driving and I really need some help.  I actually came to Cleveland Clinc about 3 months ago to see and ENT...one of about 4 I have seen over the years...he found NOTHING.  I've seen heart doctors, ENTs, neurologists, and been to ER so many times I can't count.  Is there anything you can do to help me?   PLEASE.