dvt
Hi there wondering if anyone can help years ago i had dvt in calf and i think i remember a doctor saying most Dvt's stabilise within around 6 weeks  wether on heparin or not (obviously you still need to get full anticoagulation)and after that the risk of  cardiac or pulmonary embolism is very low can anyone shed some light on this as i have a relative just diagnosed with calf dvt,thanks paolo
This is one of the reasons everyone should walk an hour a day!> Me and the cardiologist I work for joke. "For all we have learned about cardiovascular medicine, it really just boils down to walking an hour per day, everyday"

DVT below the knee is not very serious as say a huge **** of a clot floating in your femoral junction (which I have seen several times). But it maybe a sign of inactivity and also there are some people more prone to clot.

Also, once you get the DVT, there is a little spot there, damage in the vein that can reform it.

Now, the good news, you NEVER have to worry about below the knee DVT's again if you walk everyday.
The calf muscles actually function as a "Pump". Squeeze stuff through and prevent lazy blood cells from trying to make "hands across America reenactment"

DVT is short for Deep Vein Thrombosis. We worry mainly when it is in the Femoral. THe femoral gets skinny goes through a hunter's canal in the knee below the popliteal. We dont get excited about that like the femoral. So your relative will be fine.
Little bit of blood thinner makes it all dissolve.

Then you lazy turds got to walk an hour a day now that you know this!. Get those calve muscles pumping so things just dont sit around and clot off. Chances are, you do have a genetic tendency towards clotting more frequently. So, before you shwer, before you eat your oats.

Walk, then never worry ever again. On the other hand, you could just sit there and let blood clot off in your legs just waiting for another DVT to turn into a PE (pulmonary embolism). Walking is easier than worry. Plus it will make your mind feel great. I talk to myself (luckily I am a great conversationalist) on my walk to work everyday