Heart Disease Community
echo result

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

echo result

hello doctor i did echo and its the result :my question why mentioned on doppler there is 2 trevial regurgetations but on result is within normal .and is there any problems or its normal mean can i do any hard work or not and what i should avoid
thank you so much

yours :john

d:2
normal internal cardiac dimension
good overall contractility fs(32%)
no restig S.W.M.A could be detectid
normal mitral.aortic.pulmonary and tricusped functions and morphology
intact interatrial and intervent septate
no thrpmbi.no vegetation could be detected
normal pericardium

doppler:
trevial mitral regurgitation
E|A RATIO 1.1\0.80 M\s
systolic P.G across aortic valve 10 MH
P.G across pulm.valve 7MH
trevial tr.regurgitation
no evidence of pulmonary hypertension ,time to peak velocity 150 MS

conclusion
1-echodoppler study whithin normal

First of, there are no doctors on this board, just forum members sharing their experiences. Your echo looks fine, nothing unusual. Almost everyone will show trivial regurgitation on their echo, it is totally normal and nothing to worry about. I don't see anything else on the report that is not normal as well, congrats!

Hope this helps,

Jon
Just to add it is unusual for the report to focus on the structure of the heart rather than function.  You don't state the reason for the echo and your echo doesn't provide any information on wall dimensions, etc.  

Your report doesn't show a calculation for the amount of blood pumped with each stroke (that would be the ejection fraction...50 to 70% normal).  EF calculations is based on blood volume before and after contraction.  Your report shows a calculation of fractional shortening of 32%. FS is the LV dimension chamber size of the LV before and after  contraction and that is normal...greater than 26%. You FS is normal at 32%

Sometimes the EF is normal , but the filling capacity is limited....for instance less capacity during the filling phase but the % of blood pumped with each stroke is normal and as consequence diminished cardiac output.

FS measures the filling capacity based on dimensions.  Smaller than normal capacity would indicate reduced filling capacity and dysfunctionality with the filling phase.

Just curious why there was a test and the test focussed on the structual aspect of your heart.  Most oftened FS is a calculation when there is a congenital septum defect or some congenital defect with the atrium and/or ventricle and its affect on the valves...nevertheless it appears there is no problem with any structual anomaly and your heart's functionality is normal.

Take care,

Ken
Bottom line, your echo is normal and you have nothing to worry about. It has been reviewed by a cardiologist who is a trained and educated individual and they have determined your echo to be normal. This is great news so you can move on and not give it a second thought!

Good luck,

Jon  
As stated, trivial regurgitation is very common, so common in fact that it should really be called 'normal' and the statement shouldn't really be put onto reports because it does concern patients.
"Your report doesn't show a calculation for the amount of blood pumped with each stroke (that would be the ejection fraction...50 to 70% normal)."

Not sure why, but here in the UK if the EF is normal, they simply don't write anything on the report.
Please don't interefere with another member's question related to an OP's question.  The question was addressed to the original poster not you! I had a good reason to ask the question and it may or may not be helpful...but it would enlightening for me at least and possibly helpful to other readers.  If you have the answer, please respond? If the OP would answer if known why a FS and and not EF evaluation that would be appreciated and shouldn't concern you. It is settled the results of the test are favorable..but for my interest why was the test given?  The results are exceptionally good!?

We have been friends for a long time, and you have almost the same length time on this forum (2004).  But that aside, Erijon, it is not proper to interject emotion into a thread...you recently done that with another seasoned member as well...with my post no one should feel threatened that you seem to imply by my related question concerning their medical issues. No one is compelled to respond! :)  Take care,

Ken
Just read your post. Thanks for you response, but here in the US it is almost always included.  I have read many reports in the last 7 years and this is the first report that used FS rather EF.  Sometimes both are given.  When there is ASD or other possibilities of structual ambiquity the fraction shortening is the calculation to determine left ventricle contractility. The lengrth from the mitral valve orifice to the septum is measured before contraction and then the measurement after contraction.  Another method is to measure the diameter of the left ventricle before contraction and then again after.

Often the reason for FS is helpful for ASD, etc. as the EF maybe normal, but the filling capacity is compromised by structual abnormality.  As you probably know the EF can be normal (50-70%), but there can be a dystolic dsyfunction that can/will reduce cardiac output.  Take care,

Ken

ne as you probably know fractional shortening measures the length from the mitral aanus  however,