Heart Disease Expert Forum
electrical problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

electrical problems

Hi!  I am a 24 year old female.  I have writen to you before.  The other day I was sitting down writing a chart at work ( I'm a paramedic)  I got so dizzy I   tried to have people not see me so I went into the bathroom and fell on the floor.  This is happening to me more and more.  I pass out for a few seconds and then for about 1/2 hour later I feel like it will happen again.  I am on Tambocor 50 mg 2x/day for a-tach which cannot be found after 2 eps studies.  During my dizzy spells my heart rate stays fairly normal but it is irregular almost 100% of the time (shown on a holter monitor).  My md says the dizzyness is not due to tambocor because it comes and goes and is not constant.  He wants me on a med that is used for orthostatic hypotension however a change in position does not affect my dizzyness.  I think he called it florinase but I am not sure.  He thinks I have a vasovagal reaction on top of the a-tach but my dizzyness is not due to a change in position.  I can be sitting down, lying down or standing up when it occurs.  Any info will be extremely helpful because it does happen when I drive and it scares me because it can be dangerous in that way.  Thank you.
Your doctor may want to arder a "tilt-table test" to help rule out an autonomic nervous system disorder.  If he is still unable to determine the cause of your symptoms you should consider seeing a specialist in the area of syncope (fainting).