Heart Disease Community
end stage heart failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

end stage heart failure

hello, my husband is 52 years old and has severe heart failure, he was diagnosed over 3 years ago with this problem, due to money he was unable to get surgery.  Just last week for the first time that i know had a "slight heart attack" I have noticed for the past few weeks a drastic change in him, he has problems walking, very fatigue, severe back pain, left side pain (around rib cage area) and speaks with a slur and continuous chest discomfort.  He does not want to see  the doctor he.  Please i need help.  Need to know if these are signs of end stage.  I am desperate, and need to prepare our daughter who is 12 years old.............................thanks to whom replies!
Tags: end stage
End-stage for heart failure are symptoms of chest pain at rest, shortness of breath with very little exertion, fatigue, etc.  A heart attack destroys heart cells compromising the heart's ability to adequately pump blood/oxygen into circulation causing the symptoms expressed.

Without treatment the heart will enlarge and that can cause irregular heart beats and further decrease the heart's pumping ability.
May I ask why he's not going to the doctor? My Dad had severe heart failure, the result of 4 heart attacks. He had an ICD put in to help keep the heart rhythm steady and out of ventricular problems. He also took various heart meds. He wasn't a bundle of energy but he was able to get around. He did pass away a few weeks ago but it was from cancer.

Your hubby doesn't need to sit back and wait for his heart to give out. There's so much available to keep his heart going and strengthen it so he can feel much better and do more. Perhaps he's depressed and given up. Please encourage him that a diagnosis of heart failure does not mean the end of the road for him. He can fight back. My Dad was 80 by the way.
ask your hubby to take lasix or any other dieuritics , and also advice hime to take beta blockers , recently stem cell therapy is devloved and it is vey effective
as we get free health care in uk, i dont know how it works where you are, but something as simple as a water tablet could really really help, it may be much more complicated than that, or may be that simple.I do know that something like 70% of chf sufferers get depressed, and that is also simple to treat, one thing is for sure, this is not just going to go away, so please get him some medical help if you can,
Do not prepare her yet, search for help .
do you have medical insurance, now?
if not, you can serach for foundations to help him, try  some doctors, clinics, and  there are so many things to help him,  try them all, that will be the best example for your kid.