enlarged heart
I am only 30 and I recently went to the doctor for bronchitis and left with more than i could handle. The doctor/nurses took my BP and it sat at 206/113 with a pulse of 98. They were concerned as was I. I have known i have had high blood pressure for a few years and thought nothing of it. When i EKG came back they noticed a enlarged heart. I have been on 4 different BP meds for 2 weeks now. and am waiting results from a renal ultrasound to see if the renal artery is the cause. I am very concerned but am trying not to show my worries to my wife, since she accompanies me to the doctor. I was wondering what my chances would be since all the meds the doctor has given me have seemed not to do the job and they appear stumped. What would be a realistic outcome (since i cant ask the doctor in front of my wife in fear of scaring her) The only reason i ask this is because i have a five year old i want to see graduate. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You in advance for your response.
High blood pressure will overwork the heart (afterload) and this will enlarge the left ventricle.  The heart beats faster to meet the demand for more oxygenated blood and that is consistant with an enlarged LV as an enlarged heart will reduce the LV contractility (less blood pumped with each stroke).

Reducing the heart's afterload the LV can return to normal size.  So reducing the high blood pressure is the key.  Often high blood pressure is due to occluded vessels, and medication that dilates the vessels is the therapy. Kidney problems can be the source of high blood pressure and apparently that is what the doctor is looking into.