Heart Disease Community
enlarged right ventricle

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

enlarged right ventricle

I just had a stress test performed for a job interview and was diagnosed with a type of SVT though I have never suffered any of the symptoms of being light-headed or short of breath.  They also performed and echo and said my right ventricle was slightly enlarged.  I am going for a cardio-MRI in two weeks.  The doctor gave me a heart monitor to wear for 24 hrs.  I feel very in the dark about what is going on.  I am a very healthy 26 year old male.  I go the gym 4-5 times a week to play raquetball and lift weights.  I have never been a good long distance runner but am very athletic and take good care of myself.  I was wondering if being a powerlifter for the past 5 years could have caused and increase in size of my right ventricle?  Also to fix the ongoing SVT will it take more than beta blockers?
Avatar n tn
What is the size of the right vent, I have an enlarged right vent at 3.3cm.  I was told by a cardiologist that it could be caused by sleep apnea, if you don't mind post what the size of th eright vent is so I can have some idea of what is slightly enlarged.  I have read that normal right went is 3.0cm.  My cardiologist said 3.3 is significant.  I also have no other symptoms but have a heart rate that stays in the 40's at resting.