Heart Disease Expert Forum
epilepsy and my heart
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

epilepsy and my heart

I have a couple of stands of epilepsy and I am having break through small seizures, even though I am taking my medications as prescribed. My question is after I have a day where I am not well lets say, I do not have any power in my right arm and my chest I feel its my heart hurts very much. I was wondering what heart problems are associated with seizures, if any. I know that I have some brain damage and I have forgotten a lot since being diagnosed with gran mal, and so it makes me wondering what exactly are the pains I am feeling in my chest and why I don't have any power in my left arm.
1495448_tn?1326846430
I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulty.  Not knowing your age or other medical conditions, it is tough to answer this question.  If you are having frequent chest pain, especiall with L arm numbness/weakness, you need to be evaluated by a physician immediately.  This could be the warning sign that you have significant coronary artery disease.  If your left arm weakness is constant and unrelated to chest pain, you may have had a stroke or even a brain mass.  Again, you should be evaluated immediately by a physician.  Epilepsy doesn't have a strong relationship with any particular cardiac disease, though severe heart failure can lead to hypoperfusion of brain and possibly seizure activity in the right setting.  I would find a doctor you trust and discuss these issues with him/her as soon as possible.  Best of luck to you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank