Heart Disease Expert Forum
fast heart rate

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

fast heart rate

I am a 13 year old girl.Since as long as I remember I have had an anxiety disorder and I was a very shy girl.At age 9 I started to have the fast heart rate and it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.At that time I did not pay attention to it.However,last year I started to have a really bad heart beat and it was all over the place.I went to the hospital and they took blood tests and chest ex rays and ECG's but only my ECG were abnormal, and they thought it was my anxity disorder so they sent me home.From that day on I go running every morning and it got alot better.But...these few days I started to have trouble breathing and found that my heart rate was going 120/min.I was really scared and it felt like I was going to die.I went to sick kids and thay said that I was fine too.I do sometimes get over exarative but i'm afrid they made a mistake or some thing beacuase some times and can have tac..... for no reason at all.
Given your relatively young age, it is possible that you are experiencing a supraventricular tachycardia (SVT).  If you have been experiencing multiple episodes and are associated with symptoms (shortness of breath, light headedness, dizziness, or chest discomfort), I would suggest seeing your regular physician for another examination.  At that time, it might be reasonable to have a holter monitor performed - which can be done for up to 1 to 3 days.  The first step is to identify the particular rhythm disturbance you are experiencing which will show up on the recorded tracings.