Heart Disease Expert Forum
fatigue after stent placement?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fatigue after stent placement?

I had a stent placed one week ago today, was back in the hospital day before yesterday having an EGD and colonoscopy to tract down the source of some rectal bleeding (so they wouldn't have to take me off Plavix - results are internal hemorrhoids), yesterday I felt okay, today I'm exhausted and shaky.  Shouldn't opening a blocked artery make me feel better?  How long should it take to recover from 2 episodes of conscious sedation within the week?  Or is there something else going on?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
It's the good old catch 22 which I've been through several times. You have a stent then they give you beta blockers to keep your heart relaxed. Those things zap all the go out of you. If your tissue has been reversibly damaged from a blockage it can also take a while for that to fully recover. Patience is a virtue and gentle exercise is good.
Blank
242508_tn?1287427246
This could be related to conscious sedation, but could also be a side-effect of some of the new meds you are on, such as plavix, or even the beta blocker.  Your doctor should check you blood count to make sure you aren't anemic and have regular blood work to make sure you sugar and electrolytes are OK.  The symptoms you are describing aren't usually heart related.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity