Heart Disease Expert Forum
fill no pulse in wrist

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

fill no pulse in wrist

Im a 62 year old male with CAD. Went to check for pulse in wrist and could not find pulse. Any clue why I felt no pulse?
Hi boyrobin,
The absence of pulse in your wrist could be related to a few things
1) Feeling for artery in wrong place in the wrist
2) Decreased pulse due to peripheral arterial disease (blockages in the arteries that provide blood flow to the hand)
3) Acute artery occlusion (would be accompanied by resting hand pain, discoloration, decreased sensation, and cool temperature in the hand).  This would be a medical emergency and you should go to the emergency department.
4) I you have had bypass surgery for your CAD then they may have used your radial artery and therefore you would not feel a pulse there.

Hope this helps!