Heart Disease Community
fluttering in neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

fluttering in neck

when i am laying down at nite i have been feeling a fluttering symtom on the left side of my neck this only last a few seconds but comes 3 or 4 times in a row -- this is very recent and has been happening the past few nites in a row.

Hi and welcome to the Heart Disease Community!  Sorry it took a few days for someone to respond; we do try and at least stop by and say "hello" : )

As for laying down and feeling a fluttering sensation, a lot of people have described the same thing.  It is probably PVCs or PACs (these are extra contractions from the atria and/or ventricles of your heart) and they are generally harmless.  HOWEVER, it is always best to check with your physician whenever you have new symptoms or a change in symptoms.  I am not a doctor, but I have had the fluttery sensation.

It is also quite common to feel PVCs and/or PACs at night because it is quiet and you're senses are more aware.  Also, it's very common to feel the sensation on your left side because your heart is closest to the left side of your chest.

Hope that helps.
Connie