Heart Disease Community
heart block-slow heartbeat

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

heart block-slow heartbeat

Dear all, my premature son nearing two years old is diagnosed with heart block from the 24hrs holter scan result, however the doctor is saiding the it is a 2 to 1 and occasionally 3 to 1 sinus block and the result is 'not that bad'.. he said that the pacemaker solution can be put on hold for the mean time but close monitoring and check up again in 3 mths time will still need to be done...

Very grateful if anyone can give any guidances/experiences on this condition...thank you all
Hi, you should  post that also on the Pediatric Cardiology Community.

My BEST to your little one!
For a perspective, what is happening is the electrical impulse is slower than normal and it takes a little longer to contract the ventricle to pump blood into circulation.  Also, the condition can cause dropped beats. The medical term Type I second-degree heart block, or Mobitz Type I, or Wenckebach's AV block appears to be the condition. Electrical impulses are delayed more and more with each heartbeat until a beat is skipped. This condition is not too serious but sometimes causes dizziness and/or other symptoms

As vienna suggests there are active members that can identify and provide guidance based on their experiences. Here is the link http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pediatric-Cardiology/show/302.  Grendslori is very knowledgeable on the subject.

Take care and I wish your baby well going forward. Thanks for chosing heart disease forum and MedHelp for your question.

Ken
Dear Ken & Vienna, I am grateful to all your help and every advise given to me, it meant a lot to me at this dark hour of my life.

Thank you thank you all
No fear, he will be fine!!!!
I’ve will keep you both in my healing thoughts!!

Vienna
Thank you so much!! I will remember your kindness always.