Heart Disease Community
heart bypass and lung fluid

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

heart bypass and lung fluid

My brother had a quadruple bypass the first week of December. They also found a hole in his heart
and the doctors claim they patched that up successfully. He was also diagnosed with
Diabetes 2. After 12 days he was released and was back at home. Three weeks later,
he was rushed back to the hospital because he was found unconscious at home. The doctors drained 1-1/2 litres
of fluid from his lungs and I was told they were conducting tests.
My brother told me not to visit him in the hospital because he knows there is conflict between the
sister-in-law and myself. Well, in point of fact, she's jealous of me and appears to hate me. She has mental issues.
Anyway, that's besides the point. I am not able to get any information about what's going on. She emphatically told me not to call my brother. The nursing station won't give me info on the phone.
can someone tell me what could cause the lungs to fill up with fluid and why he's still in the hospital
7 days later. This is very difficult for me since he is my only remaining family member aside from my
daughter. Jan. 27/12
Without more detail, it is difficult to conclude the problem. It could be a few things, such as pulmonary blockage causing fluid backup to the lungs. It could be the right side of the heart has become inefficient.
If your brother is conscious, then the patient is the one who gives orders who can be given information, not the next of kin. Only if the patient is unable to make a decision can the next of kin make the decisions.