Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart diseas and dread

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart diseas and dread

I had posted a question and some how, maybe by key word "anxiety" it was posted on that forum. I'd like to post it here. I am not a worrier. The only time I really experience anxiety/panic is when I out of no where comes this acute sense of dread. It is horrible and demands attention. Its like a wave, a darkness approaching. Often I can't help but think, even at the time, that the reaper is in there and coming right at me. All I can do is shout an emphatic "NO!" and take a nitro. I am really doing nothing, thinking about nothing when this happens. I'm just watching TV or the like. I'd had 3 stents implanted in my lower left artery, all the same day... ? two years ago. I'm told my genes induce the manufacture of cholesterol, (Trics are 970+). We are trying to get them down but I'm of the mind that it is proving futile. There is a war on. All my life I'd thought I was excellent stock, then I got old. haa haa!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Having heart disease can be very stressful! You should talk with your doctor to determine whether your symptoms are attributable to your heart or something else.  For example, it's not uncommon for cardiac patients to have post-traumatic stress disorder.