heart disease and stomach pain
MY HUSBAND IS 65 YEARS OLD. HE HAS AN IMPLANTED CARDIO DEFIBRILLATOR. IN THE LAST 2 YEARS HE HAS COMPLAINED OF STOMACH PAIN JUST BELOW THE CENTER OF HIS BREAST BONE. IT ISN'T CONSTANT AND IT WILL USUALLY GO AWAY IF HE RESTS IN HIS EASY CHAIR. HIS CARDIOLIGIST CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND AN ANSWER THAT WILL EXPLAIN THE PAIN. MY HUSBAND HS HEART FAILURE, BUT HE IS PRETTY ACTIVE. HE JUST TIRES OUT EASILY. IS THERE AN ANSER TO HIS PROBLEM OR IS IT A COMBINATION OF HEART DISEASE AND AGE?
I'm wondering if it could be a gasto problem.  It seems that a lot of people who complain of chest/stomach pain end up visiting a gastroenterologist only to find out the problem is not cardiac, but gastro.  Some people have been diagnosed with heartburn, hiatal hernia, GERD, etc.  Has your husband been to a gastroenterologist?  Since it is not constant and tends to go away with rest, I'm thinking it could be worth looking in that direction.

He's too young to attribute it to "age"  : )  

connie