heart functioning at 20% capacity
My mother in law evidentlly had a heart attack at some point - we don't know when - but was admitted to the hospital this weekend with shortness of breath and chest pain.  She was found to have fluid on her lungs and damage to her heart.  She had the fluid mostly removed through a thorocentesis (spelling?) and is on meds, though I don't know which ones.  Today the doctor told her that they have found her heart is functioning at only 20% and that she has damage to a valve, but at 88 and in her condition she is not a candidate for surgery - they don't feel she'd survive it and she doesn't want it.  She is extremely weak and fatigued, milidly disoriented, and not eating.  Is this as dire as it sounds to me? What is the expected course of her illness?
My heart function is currently 30%. It was 15% and I'm 54. So function can improve. I use Dr. Strauss Heart Drops. For your Mother-in-law, mix it into some juice instead of putting it under her tongue. It has Cayenne in it.

Dr. Strauss Heart Drops is made in Canada and shipped from there. Their online distributor is Strauss Heart Drops International.

The symptoms you've describe is difficult to determine if it's the current sickness she is feeling or she is entering into the passing process. (refusing to eat)

Here's an article about ten signs death is near by caring *******.
http://www.caring.com/articles/signs-of-death?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=general-health&utm_content=206

Hope this helps.