Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart help

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart help
I posted on the other page, but decided to ask you also. I am 47,male and have had 25 heart caths since nov 06. they have put 3 stents in my LAD,told me i have chf,cad,three leaky valves, small artery dz and coronary spasms. i have acute angina and have been on several different meds to try and control the pain,everything from beta,calcium chanel blockers and at one point they had me on 100mg of moriphine sulfate twice a day. the moriphine helped some with the pain, but i got tired of the side affects and they took me off them. can you maybe suggest some sort of help?
I am sorry to hear about all of your trouble. There are many options for patients with angina. You may tried many of them but maybe I can mention one that you have not attempted yet. Medications such as beta blockers, long acting nitroglycerins and calcium channel blockers are the cornerstone of treatment. Ranolazine is a new medication which has also shown promise in treating patients with angina. Finally, EECP has been helpful for many with refractory chest pain.