Heart Disease Community
heart helth

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

heart helth

glucose  R  118
cholestrol    339
triglyceride  247
hdl              33
ldl               156
s.uric acid    6.2
Dear Ghauri:  I can tell you a simple way to get the triglyceride and cholestrol numbers with in the proper range.. Eat 1/2 of a raw onion dialy and it will get your numbers in order within 3-4 weeks.  I have done it ... but it isnt easy to eat 1/2 of a raw oninon every day.. Hope this helps Claytex
One other thing about onions I like is that it is a natural tranquillizer.  I have heard of some in the country that would eat some raw onion just before going to bed.  Seems to have a calming effect.
Clay, wondering if it is a 'Texas" thing though. Not too many people have heard of it.
I would love to see a reading like, Ghauri.  I have hypercholesterolemia.
Take care, Ally
Hey Chatter: back in 2006, the doctors had me take some Amiodarone (Pacerone) for my AFib... It is a bad news medicine... medicine of last resort... Ill never know why they prescribed it for me.. any way I took it one month and quit.. it totally destroyed my triglycerides(650) and my LDL was horrible.. my gluscose was 98 and it usually was in the 80s.. well the dang medicine is a half life med.. stays in your system a long time... I found out about the onion thing and got it corrected in about 3 weeks.. well I thougt that was so good.. I started juicing onions and drinking about 2/3s of a cup of onion juice a day.. now let me tell ya ..you have to be tough to drink onion juice...I now have my triglycerides and LDL numbers in order...and dont use so many onions anymore... Im here to tell ya .. they work...ifn your tough enough to eat the...Laffin Claytex..Uhhh hows things over at Lake Jackson???? laffin... purty nice here  in rockport..