Heart Disease Community
heart problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

heart problem

I was diagnosed last march a kind of heart problem but i dont understand the result of my echo.

I dont know what to do and and I always kept worried every time I think of my heart problem
this was started last November.. my blood pressure just rise up and down and the doctor that i consulted said that its time for an echo... It says here that....

normal left ventricular dimension and wall thickness with good wall motion and contractility .
normal left and right atria,right ventricle, main pulmonary artery and aortic root dimension.
the anterior mitral valve leaflet is thickened and prolapsed into the left atrium during systole.
structurally normal aortic, tricuspid and pulmonic valves
no pericardial effusion or intracavitary thrombus noted.

DROPPLER: Mosaic flow across the mitral, tricuspid and pulmonic valves
                            Normal pulmonary arterial pressure

CONCLUSION: Anterior mitral valve prolapse with trivial mitral regugitation
                              trivial tricuspid regurgitation
                              Normal pulmonary arterial pressure with pulmonic regurgitation
                              Normal left ventricular dimension with good contractility and
                              adequate systolic function

could someone explain this to me so that I understand my situation..
Overall your heart is in GREAT shape believe it or not!. The front part of the mitral valve (which is between the left ventricle and the left atrium) is a little bit thicker than normal and because of that it dips into the left atrium (the upper chamber of the heart) during the time when the left ventricle is forcing blood out of the heart (systole phase) All of that cause you to have a slight backflow of blood which is what regurgitation is. This really isn't anything to worry about.  
I agree - overall it sounds like your heart is still in good shape. Twice they use the word "trivial" to describe any valve regurgitation issues and that's about the least you can have. In that case they note the problem and may want to check it every couple years. You probably won't have any symptoms from this either. When people get "moderate" to "severe" regurg, then they feel tired, etc.

I'm not sure what's causing the BP to go up and down. It does that naturally from moment to moment depending on what we're doing. Even if you sit and take your BP every 5 minutes, it will keep shifting. Did the doctor seem concerned that your fluctuations were outside the norm?
is this problem can affect something? because im easily tired ever since have this kind of heart problem. but im a smoker person and i stop smoking last year...
The mitral valve has two cusps, or leaflets, (the anteromedial leaflet and the posterolateral leaflet) that guard the opening. The opening is surrounded by a fibrous ring known as the mitral valve annulus. (The orientation of the two leaflets resemble a bishop's miter, whence the valve receives its nameThe anterior cusp protects approximately two-thirds of the valve (imagine a crescent moon within the circle, where the crescent represents the posterior cusp). Note that although the anterior leaflet takes up a larger part of the ring and rises higher, the posterior leaflet has a larger surface area. This disposition has important effects on systolic stress distribution physiology(your high BP)your  Anterior mitral valve prolapse.
CONCLUSION: Anterior mitral valve prolapse with trivial mitral regurgitation.
Anterior mitral valve prolapse as explained above.

trivial tricuspid regurgitation
(ie)a slight backflow of blood which is what regurgitation is.

(ie)Normal pressure in your arterial areas. Normal lung back flow.
                              adequate systolic function .
(ie)Normal left ventricular size and good contraction strength with a good systolic blood pressure(not too high or low).
Hope this helps,regards John.
There are levels of regurge: Trivial, Minimal, Moderate and Severe. Trivial is really nothing to worry about. It isn't going to make you feel bad in any way. MANY people around the world suffer from the same thing and don't even know they have this problem. Your worrying about this is probably adding to this problem and make you feel worse; either that or something else unrelated is going on and that's why you are feeling the way you are. See a doctor.
I think you are right.... But never mind the doctor what is important is you explain to me the result of my echo. This help me a lot not to worry about. thanks a lot.
is this kind of problem has a possibility to heal or I carry this to life time? if this can heal, what will I do?