Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart problems?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

heart problems?

I am a 49 y/o female. I have hypertension (on meds) and swelling in the hands and legs(lower). They just did an echocardiogram that showed I have mitral and tricuspid insufficiency with some regergatation. It also showed that my heart had a "tendril", whatever that is? My heart rate has increased to 90-110. I have been on b/p meds for over a year with HCTZ. They discontinued the HCTZ and started me on metolazone 2.5mg and Norvasc 5 mg. They just increased the metolazone to 5 mg. I still have the swelling in the hands and feet. My GP doc doesn't think the mitral and tricuspid insufficiency is causing the swelling. He thinks, maybe arthritis or systemic vasculitis. He isn't looking cardio. I am not sure about this? Any insight or suggestions. When my b/p is up it is usually accompanied by irregular heart beat.