Aa
A
A
Close
heart rate after stents
My girlfriend, 50 years old, had a heart attack in May 2009 with good recovery. In January 2010 she had a blockage in a major artery causing another heart attack. The blockage was in an old stent so they cleaned it out and replaced the stent. She was released with no restrictions except for 5 days. She is paranoid now about her heart rate. She is afraid to do anything to raise it fearing another heart attack. She has a follow up appointment on the 5th of February...My question is; should she keep her rate down or can she do normal things like walking, traveling etc.....her blood pressure is good usually running 105/65 or so..She trys to keep the heart rate down below 70...The Dr. said that any damage caused by the heart attack should heal and be fine.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
367994 tn?1304957193
The best therapy following a stent implant is continue with good diet, some exercise, etc.  Apparently the heart attack didn't cause any permanent damage.  I had a similar experience about 6 years ago and was in ICU with congested heart failure.  I was not restricted from any exercise.  

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands