heart rate after stents
My girlfriend, 50 years old, had a heart attack in May 2009 with good recovery. In January 2010 she had a blockage in a major artery causing another heart attack. The blockage was in an old stent so they cleaned it out and replaced the stent. She was released with no restrictions except for 5 days. She is paranoid now about her heart rate. She is afraid to do anything to raise it fearing another heart attack. She has a follow up appointment on the 5th of February...My question is; should she keep her rate down or can she do normal things like walking, traveling etc.....her blood pressure is good usually running 105/65 or so..She trys to keep the heart rate down below 70...The Dr. said that any damage caused by the heart attack should heal and be fine.
The best therapy following a stent implant is continue with good diet, some exercise, etc.  Apparently the heart attack didn't cause any permanent damage.  I had a similar experience about 6 years ago and was in ICU with congested heart failure.  I was not restricted from any exercise.