Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart rate and shakes

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart rate and shakes
after I eat my heart rate goes up and I get the shakes
Whether this is a problem or not will depend upon many things such as what you're eating/drinking (especially caffeine & alcohol), how high your heart rate is, and what exactly you mean by getting the shakes. Whether you have any other medical problems (i.e. heart related, diabetes) is also important.

The best thing for you to do is to keep a record of how often this is happening, the heart rate (count over 1 minute and record this number), whether the heart rate is regular or all over the place / irregular, the duration of the shaking, other symptoms (i.e. dizziness/pain/sweating/nausea) and what helps versus what makes it worse. Discuss this information with your doctor and decide on whether any further tests are needed.

Good luck.