Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart spasm

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart spasm
i was ridding a bike for around 20min my heart rate was around 120 nothing to major then it felt as though my heart wasnt pulsating it was flickering not beating it has only happened twice that i have been aware of. scared the crap out of me. wat could cause this. im far from over weight but havent done fitness for a long time
This may just be a normal response to exercise.  However, there are conditions that can cause your heart to beat much faster than usual such as a heart arrhythmia.  It can give the sensation of your heart fluttering in your chest.  Many of these are benign but some can be harmful.  If you feel lightheaded or have chest pain during these episodes, you should head to the emergency room.  Otherwise, if it happens again, might be worth mentioning to your physician.  Best of luck.