Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart surgery
Had open heart surgery and had 4 arteries replaced and the aortic valve. Now arteries are blocked again and Dr. wants to do stents. Is it safe to do this so soon after my first surgery only six months ago. Does this mean that I will not live much longer? Am only 60 and am scared

Charlene
I am sorry that you have had a hard time. To answer your question, it is generally ok to get a stent after bypass surgery if it is necessary. There are times that, for various reasons, bypass grafts can close down in a short period of time. This does not mean that you will not live much longer though I cannot comment about your overall health or prognosis with the information available. I would recommend discussing your concerns further with your cardiologist. I hope this helps. Good luck.