Aa
A
A
Close
heart working at 20%
how long can a person live with 20% of there working has anybody gone through this my dads heart is only working  20% percent and he lives in Texas and i live in Minnesota just wondering how long more less he will be with us?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
976897 tn?1379171202
To answer this question is very difficult because we are not told of the circumstances surrounding the problem. In many cases with the right medication, the Ejection Fraction can improve. Normal is around 50-70%. Can you give more data on the cause? maybe a heart attack? valve problems? Artery disease? viral infection?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
he had a valve replace and quadruple heart bypass and has and infection in his prostate that has been with him since heart sergury and they been giving some atibiotic meds to try to get rid of infection but goes away for about two weeks and then starts getting a fever again they just found out that the infection is comming from the prostate but they can't do anything until the infection goes away and he gets stronger but dad is not eating well and is to weak now. i just found out that the heart DR said that dads hearts was not going to get any better and his heart is only working at 20% and i live in Minnesota and he lives in texas and im wondering if anybody can give and idea about how long he will with use in this world or is there a chance he will be with for a long time yet?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1480750569
Blank
Netherlands
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
23 hrs ago
Blank
Hema13 added the Diabetes Tracker
Dec 02
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Heart Disease Community Resources