Heart Disease Expert Forum
heart

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

heart
hi 3 day,s ago i went to A&E.i was short of breath, to cut it sort i was told i have an enlarge heart.  and to go to my doctor. can this return to normal. thank you . marilyn
Hi Mally,

I don't think your heart can go back to it's original size. I believe you can prevent it to get bigger.
Hi thanks for the reply.how can i stop it getting any bigger.
hi thanks for the reply, how can i stop it getting bigger, should i be worried. thank you for your help. marilyn
It can but it all depends on what caused your heart to enlarge.  It's very important that you see a heart doctor as soon as possible and have some basic tests done.  Echocardiography should be performed to assess your heart size and function.  Depending on what's found, further workup may include heart catheterization.