heartburn heart attack??
53yo female, put through all heart test except angio. No problems found to cause the heart palps, which have gone away, yet doctor had put me on cardizem 30mg 4xday, then switches me to cartia xt 120mg 1xday. Aren't these one in the same? And if no heart problems found why put me on any meds?  The xanax for anxiety has help more thant the cardizem/cartia.  No real problems with the cartia except tiredness and heartburn.  Would like to get off cartia, any withdrawal to expect?  Would like input.
i am not a medical person but cardizem and cartia are not the same, i take both these medicatiions. cardizem is for palpatations and what people call missed beats or extra beats, and cartia is low dose aspirin to keep blood thin to help prevent clots that cause heart attack and stroke.
further to my reply above , i am in Australia and cartia is the low dose aspirin 100mg made by glaxo smith kline, but i do believe there is a tablet called cartia that is from the cardizem family, and i don't know which one you have, you need to find out , but if a cardiologist has given them to you , then you need to sort it out with them.