help to interpret an ECG PLEASE....
can someone please explain what the following means in simple terms please
this is circled on an ECG interpretation

-minimal high lateral and inferolateral repolarization disturbance
-consider ischemia
-consider LV strain
-consider aspecific changes
Q.-minimal high lateral and inferolateral repolarization disturbance

>>>>Usually that is a irregular rhythm of electrical impulses.  Repolarization is the contracting of the ventricles to pump blood into circulation.

Q: consider ischemia

>>>>>>Ischemia means lack of blood flow and usually pertains to blocked coronary vessles and symptoms would be chest pain, etc.

Q: consider LV strain

>>>>>>Left ventricular hypertrophy and means the lower left ventricle (pumping chamber) is enlarged.  

Q: consider aspecific changes

>>>>>>>>Usually, the description refers to ST-T segment. Non'specific ST-T changes usually mean nothing...would need supporting evidence and symptoms.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or comments you are invited to respond.  Thanks for your questions, take care,

Ken

Ken, thankyou so much for that info I really appreciate your time and knowledge.

This ECG was done on my 40 y.o son, the results given to him by his doctor were just 'heart disease'...as we know that doesn't tell you much, he didn't get anymore info than that. he was just told he'd be referred for a holter monitor and stress test....but thats not for 2 more months.

So I encouraged him to get a copy of the ECG results so we could do more research in the meantime.

The only symptom he's had the past year or two is a thumping or racing heart, no chest pain nor shortness of breath.His B/P is within normal range so is his cholesterol.
He is in top shape. Has been a body builder for half his life or more,  in top physical condition and eats a good diet.
We are at a  loss to understand why he should be having heart disease.

So in a nutshell you are saying
he has irregular electrical impulses, and to consider blocked arteries or enlarged left ventricle as the cause.
When the document reads 'consider' I assume that means its just an assumption until further tests are completed, right?

I appreciate your help. ♥Opus