Heart Disease Community
high blood preasure

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

high blood preasure

I am 58 years old and had high blood preasure for about 15 years now.  Was taking Lisinopril 10 mg for all those years.  My doctor recently changed it to Benicar 40 mg HCT.  I feel better.  Wanted to know your opinion on Benicar.
Benicar is a well-established medication.  If you feel better on it, that's good.  Is your blood pressure lower now?  Because if your BP got extremely high on the lisinipril, and now it's more normal, then that could account for the shift in your feeling of well-being.  If your blood pressure is now under good control, and you feel better, then I wouldn't second-guess the Benicar -- unless cost is an issue.  I think cost is the main reason that Benicar is a second-line antihypertensive, rather than first line.  If you need to find something less expensive than Benicar, there are other medications in that same class of drugs (ARBs) that are probably less expensive, and you could talk to your doc about trying one of them.  Otherwise, I don't think I'd rock the boat.  
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
njm465 commented on Abdominal Aortic Aneu...
Omega 6 - Omega 3
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Captain1998 joined this community
Welcome them!