high blood pressure and angina
I have been diagnose with angina. I need to know if the blood pressure always high with this, because sometimes my pressure is not high. Sometimes it is 130/80 which is not very high, sometimes its like 140/84. I have the pressure or tightness in the chest and that is the only symptom.
If there are restrictions in the Coronary arteries then blood pressure is affected. Blood
pressure changes all the time, even what you are thinking about can affect it. If blood
pressure didn't change we would all be in hospital having treatment.

High blood pressure over prolonged periods of time is believed to be a contributor to the
beginnings of atherosclerosis. Personally I don't see 140/84 as being a particularly high
level. For years mine was 180/95 and Doctors kept saying "oh you are just one of those
people who have high pressure, nothing to worry about". I am now paying the price for
the lack of knowledge back then.

High blood pressure in occassional short bursts is good for the body, and it is designed
to cope with this. It's constant high pressure which causes the damage.
Thanks for your information.  I talk to dr. today and he said that no the bp does not have to be high when angina is present.Sometimes I have to take the nitro,some days I am fine. I try to keep the stress level down.
Stress causes the heart to work much harder, just as if a lion jumped in front of you.
If gears the body to either allow you to attack or run away swiftly. If stress is a problem
then maybe a mild sedative would be appropriate.