Heart Disease Community
how far to push my heart
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how far to push my heart

6 years ago i had a bypass 3 months ago i had 2 more stents put in that 7 in total including garb have put on loads of weight 15st 9 pounds i would like to take up strength training got myself a heart monitor watch would like to know how high i should take my heart up to i take several tablets for my heart and blood pressure ect heart rate relaxed usually around 54 any advice would be helpfull
690060_tn?1247845341
when my elderly father began exercising, the doc checked his ejection fraction then said "go and do what you want, no limits - but stop if you have pain or irregular heartbeat".

Up until then, I'd wrongly assumed that max heart rate was an upper limit for safety. But it's really a physical limit or ceiling of what you can achieve - and a rough approximation at that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on The Dark Side of ...
3 mins ago
1755089_tn?1376057155
Blank
drewlevas uploaded new photos
5 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Alzheimer's Prevention
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979