Heart Disease Community
hsCRP level of 25

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

hsCRP level of 25

Has anyone had their level of CRP (C Reactive Protein) tested. I have been getting recurring bouts of Pericarditis since I treated with Interferon succesfully for hepatitis c. I have had 4 bouts of it in 15 months. None of the specialists that I have seen know what causes it to keep coming back.  

I recently did some blood work and my hsCRP was "25". It shouldn't be above "1". It measures the amount of inflamation (inflammation) in your body. My cardiologist says it in beyond his field and that I should see the Reumotoligist again because there is nothing wrong with my Heart and it may be Autoimmune.

I am curious because the Cardiologist says it could be elevated from the Hepatitis C which makes no sense to me because I have been UND for 15 months post tx.

Bobby
Well I don't know much but I had my hs CRP check two weeks apart and that test show the cardiologists if u are at high risk of heart disease. It is also a test call just CRP well i hope you get everything square away soon.
My hsCRP started out in the 20's.  Though it is a test for heart disease it is also a marker for inflammation.  I was put on Lipitor (not because of cholesterol levels) due to my hsCRP levels.  Mine are pretty steady now around 6.  I hope this helped alittle.  
Best of wishes.  ;~)