Heart Disease Expert Forum
i have ablockage on the back of my heart
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

i have ablockage on the back of my heart

i v had by pass surgery 06-22-07  now they tell me there still blockage on back side of my heart. what can be done
Related Discussions
242509_tn?1196926198
Bypass surgery does not fix blockages in the way stenting does, it simply bypasses them with new grafts. Some blockages are not bypassed, for instance if they are not severe, or if the artery is small and does not supply a large area of the heart, or if the artery has no good runoff and is small distally. I am not sure why it was not done in your case, since I am not aware of all the details in your case. The question is what symptoms are you having that are attributable to this blockage: arrhythmias, chest pain, CHF or shortness of breath? If any of thee are present and clearly implicated by a severe blockage in that part of the heart, then you may be a candidate for stenting.
2 Comments
Blank
before the doctors answers your question,  maybe you can add a reply with more details,,,i only say this in trying to help you get the best answer - where is the blockage specifically etc
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank