Heart Disease Expert Forum
inferior myocardial damage

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

inferior myocardial damage
male, 35 years old, no history of heart problems, height 5'10, weight 250

I was complaining of odd palpitations at a dr.'s appt. recently and was given an EKG. The report came back with an abnormality and "consider inferior myocardial damage."  My primary physician made no attempt to diagnose the problem, but made an appointment for me with a cardiologist. The appt. is not for another 3 weeks. I was trying to get some info on what this term means and what could be possible causes. How serious is this? Could someone please help me understand this terminology?

Thank you.
I do no have access to the actual EKG, so I can't comment on the finding. Sometimes it is in fact a computer poor interpretation, because these algorithms are designed not to miss any possible abnormalities, and so they tend to call mildly abnormal EKGs evidence of myocardial infarction. These false positive findings are most often found in obese, young individuals ( whose hearts may be rotated in such a way as to show pseudo-infarction) and usually in the inferior distribution.