interatrial septal aneurysm
Hi, I am a 33 year old female and I have a "suspected" interatrial septal aneurysm. I was just "diagnosed" last week. I have had chest pains my whole life and referred to the pain as "my heart hurts" as a child. I have had hemmorhage splinters, headaches, bruise easily, pain in my joints and fatigue. My family has a history of heart problems including heart attack (cause of death), stroke (cause of death), congestive heart failure (led to death), fast heart rate, 3 stent surgeries, quintuple bypass and reguritation. I also have regurgitation in the mitral valve and was told that I was born with this condition. I did have an echocardiogram, but not an esophogeal echocardiogram and I will be having a stress test soon. Should I have an esophogeal echocardiogram?  I was told that it would not matter because nothing can be done about it if I do have a interatrial septal aneurysm and keep taking an 81 mg aspirin everyday for the rest of my life. I am worried that it may be growing since the chest pains have not gone away and occur whether I am at rest or not. I was told that it will not burst like a brain aneurysm. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.
I'm not real educated in the feild but was also told in 2006 about an interatrial septal aneurysm and was told the same thing that with todays teck. moving so fast that it was nothing to worry about that it would not burst or grow.  I understand your concern being that I took care/watched over my grandfather and he died with an anortic(sp) aneurysm.  I was told also they are not the same type.  An asprin a day isn't a big deal.  I believe the biggest issue is a stroke if you don not take the baby asprin.  As far as your other issues; I don't know personally.  Just  trying to pinch in the 2% that I do know.  Best of luck on your test and results.  I hope you get your answers.  If not on here, by your pcp Dr.  Take Care:

Amy
I was recently told there is evidence of an inter atrial septal aneurysm? WHAT?  The study of my heart states the quality is good everything else is normal. It says Normal right and left ventricular functions all valves are structurally and functionally normal w\no hemodynamically significant valve diease present.  WHAT DOES THIS REALLY MEAN AND WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Can someone tell me something my doctor saids its nothing to worry about but just the word aneurysm dont sound good to me.   Dionne