internal mammary arteries
Hello from Athens Greece. My husband 52 yrs old had a bypass surgery almost 4 years ago (Jan '04) :
(With beating heart and use of metallic stabilizer : 1.Artery cut in prime segment of posterior descending branch.  Anastomosis of “I” graft with continuous suturing  2.Artery cut in prime segment of anterior descending branch. Anastomosis with left internal stalk mammary artery with continuous suturing)
After almost 3,5 years (Oct.'07) and because of aggravating angina he had an angiocardiography and the findings were the following :
Left coronary artery : Main stem : without stenosis. Anterior descending : blocked totally in near segment,
Circumflex : without stenosis
Right coronary artery : Stenosis 70% in the near segment and 50% in the middle. Stenosis up to 90% in posterior branch.
Grafts :Left internal mammary artery to the anterior descending : Open. The anterior has an 80% stenosis beyond the anastomosis.  Left ventricle of normal size with satisfactory performance in total. Ejection fraction 50%.
The next month (Nov.'07) an effort was made of balloon angioplasty placing a stent (Xience 3.5/23mm) on the near and medium segment of left coronary artery without being able to open the peripheral damage.
Although he is now on heavy medication (Lopressor (1/2 x 2), Omacor (1x2), Plavix 75mg (1x1), Inegy 40mg (1x1), Syscor 5mg(1x2), Imdur 60 mg (1x1), Salospir 100mg (1x1) he continues to suffer from stable angina type II.
If the above information I provide you is enough - and my english understandable- please help me. I have to know what might be the reason for actualy loosing one graft - from what I understand, and if there is any way now to improve his heart condition.  Thank you so much
I received your note. thank you. I wish I could help you with your quest for your better half. I have a friend who is in the hospital  in the I.C.U floor for 3 week he had a 5 way bypass and 2 valves replaced and is fighting for his life. I will say a prayer for your husband. GOD BLESS YOU IN JESUS NAME AMEN