intraventricular septum thickening
My son had a strange experience.  He had intense pain in his left ring finger that made him sick to his stomach.  He felt he would throw up.  He looked grey in the face and was sweating.  He did not mention anything about his heart racing or any other heart symptoms.  He became dizzy and he said he was losing his vision.  This occured over about fifteen minutes.  I called paramedics who found his vital signs to be normal. I drove him to the emergency room.  They performed several tests.  The results were normal, except the EKG.  The results were read and reported to his pediatrician the following week.  The results were borderline.  The pediatrician ordered an ECG, that was performed a couple days later.  The results were a thickening of the intraventricular septum and a retest was recommended for another ECG in a year.  In the past my son has fainted on two other occassions a couple years apart.  The pediatrician did not think there was an issue; that we shouldn't worry and to stay aware of any future episodes.  I'm concerned that the incidents are related and that he may faint again.  He is 16 and he is learning how to drive. Also, we have a pool.  I've told him if he feels faint to sit or lay down right away in a safe place.  The first time he fainted was waiting in line with his golf class at school boarding a bus.  He was 13.  The second time was in the shower, he called out, my husband rushed in and saw him falling in the shower and told me his eyes were rolled back, the whites showing.  He was 15.  I really don[t want anything bad to happen to him and I don't understand why we can't find out what's wrong.  Should I seek a second opinion or consult a specialist?  I'd appreciate an opinion.Thanks.  
Yes, indeed, you should seek a second opinion. The EKG may not be very helpful unless there is an episode during the test so often the individual is provided a unit (holter) to wear in an effort to capture event.

Also, it seems an echocardiogram should be done to determine if the heart is structually normal.  An enlarged septum can indicate a congenital anomaly medially referred to as ASD (atrial septum defect) and cause symptoms your son is experiencing.

Thanks for sharing and of you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care, and I wish your son well going forward.

Ken