inverted t wave
seems to be very common - why does the t wave come and go during the stress tests? is this happening during the course of a normal day? does this happen the more we exercise, or should I say how does a brisk walk around the park influence the t wave? does this ever go away, or is it just something that happens as we get older? is it hereidtariry? I have no family history, should my daughter be aware or concerned as she ages?

This discussion is related to Inverted T Waves on EKG.
"T"'s comes and goes because there are 12 different leads (electrode, transducers pasted on the body). The leads have a different orientation to the heart and it traces the electrical impulse as it is transmitted through the body.It is normally inverted in lead R. Ts are variable in the other leads (III, L, F, and V1-V2).

But Inverted T waves may be seen in both ischemia and infarction, late in pericarditis, ventricular hypertrophy, bundle branch block, and cerebral disease.  Requires further evidence, which lead, other tests, symptoms, etc. to make a diagnosis.
My husband is 62 years old, 6' 6", 215 lbs, and stopped smoking 6 years ago.   Has been diagnosed with essential hypertension, high cholesterol, RBBB, Restless Leg Syndrome.  He had stent inserted 5 years ago.

He experienced some lightheadness and "palpitations" over this past weekend.   EKG showed significant changes from one taken in May, inverted T waves and called dramatic by cardiologist.   He is in the hospital and undergoing a cardiac catherization this afternoon.

His levels came back normal.  In general terms, ( I understand you cannot diagnosis) any suggestions as to what might be going on?   No one has used the term "heart attack" but seems to be implying that.  Dramatic, scary and cardiac incident are just a few of the terms being used.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
What comes to mind is the possibility that your husband may have experienced a silent heart attack due to ischemia (lack of blood flow to the heart cells).  With the proper treatment that is timely, the heart cells can be revitalized.  That happen to me about 4 years ago.  There were vessel blockages, and I didn't have any warning until there were symptoms of heart failure.  Treatment was stent implant for the RCA (98% blocked), LAD totally blocked but has developed collateral vessels for a natural bypass and the ICX (72%) blocked...no intervention. I haven't had any problems since that event and heart has returned to normal size and contractions are in the normal range.