irregular heart beat despite having pacemaker?
Aged 70, I was diagnosed with bifascicular heart block in 2003 and because of the bradycardia was fitted with a pacemaker that routinely only kicks in for 4% of the time. I was checked last month.

For the last three days I have experienced irregular heart beat of variable intensity. I do drink coffee and alcohol, and believe that this may be part of the problem.

Bazza1938
Caffeine and alcohol is a big no, no.  Caffeine makes the heart work harder and can cause irregular heartbeats and alcohol has so many chemicals in it if made in the USA.  It is good if your pacemaker has to work only 4% of the time.  It is not good to have irregular heartbeats as this can cause a blood clot.  Cut back on the caffeine and try to stop the alcohol to see if the irregular heartbeat improves.  Otherwise, you will need to have your pacemaker reset.  Sometimes people are exposed to something in the environment that interfers with the way the pacemaker is set and it needs to be reset.   Hope you are feeling better soon with regular heartbeats.