Heart Disease Expert Forum
is it heart disease?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

is it heart disease?

I work in construction outside in temperatures above the 100's. Today after work, I got home to a nice air conditioned apartment and sudently I felt a sharp pain in my chest on the left side..I confess that I am overweight and I have not been doing much exercise lately. Could it be heart disease or something else?
It's not possible to determine the precise cause of your chest discomfort over the internet. However, the pain associated with coronary artery disease or angina is typically described as a crushing or pressure , is worse with exertion, and is relieved by rest. Heart related chest pain may radiate to your jaw or left arm, and many be associated with nausea, sweatiness, or shortness of breath. It is possible that heart related chest pain may not have any of these typical features.The safest thing to do for any chest pain is to visit your doctor.