Heart Disease Expert Forum
is mrdelite gr8?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

is mrdelite gr8?

hi, i'm cleve. i've recently been told i have a not too bad mitrol valve leak. i had my arterys & veins looked at thru an cathieder type thing. the cathider doctor told me himself that it wasn't as bad and says i'm about 4 or 5 yrs. away from actually needing surgery , his exact words to me. the next day my lead doctor told me to my face, he recommends i be treated for now with lisinoprin (10ml.) tablets.
i spent a total of 1week in jackson hospital in miami fla., i originally went to emergency room with some difficulty breathing days before, most likely over exerting myself, i'm physically motivated . i went to emergcy. room on sept. 23 fri. and was kept till/released on sept. 30th. i felt ok the entire time in hosp., even while bein treated, i was instructed to take 1 pill by mouth daily for 7days, & given a albuterol /inhaler (proventil hfa 90 mcg inhaler) & to inhale 1to2 puffs by mouth
3 times daily for 7days. i monitor my blood pressure & weight , no fevers, no stds., no swelling legs, no sickness or i
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hey mrdelite

It is hard to give you an accurate assessment of the situation without meeting you but let me give you some general advice.
If I understand correctly, you have been diagnosed with mitral regurgitation which means a leaky mitral valve.
It is probably of moderate degree and given the fact that you are generally asymptomatic, your doctors recommended watchful waiting. We like to delay surgery for as long as safely possible, so that you don't have to undergo a major surgical procedure.
Your doctors are trying to titrate your medications, so that surgery may be delayed for as long as possible. You should take it easy at this time and avoid overexertion as you are still having your meds tweaked.
In any case, if you keep having recurrent symptoms, I would suggest calling your doctors back and reviewing your symptoms with them.
A close follow up is needed regardless
hope that helps.