is there a significant finding on my 2d echo
Hi I am liane 30 y/o female from manila who has been recently diagnosed as hypertensive... my 2d echo revealed normal ventricle with good wall motion and contractility with good systolic function... THICKENED MITRAL VALVE LEAFLETS, MILD MITRAL VALVE REGURGITATION, MILD TRICUSPID REGURGITATION and PULMONIC REGURGITATION. Should I worry about these results? I will truly appreciate an expert opinion. Thanks!
Q: THICKENED MITRAL VALVE LEAFLETS. MILD MITRAL VALVE REGURGITATION.

>>>>The mitral valve is normally a one-way passing of blood from the upper chamber to the lower chamber.  When the lower chamber pumps blood into circulation some blood backflows into the upper chamber.  The cause can be leaflets of the MV don't effectively close and thickened leaflets would be the underlying cause.  Mild MVR is almost always considered medically insignificant that involves the function of the heart to adequately pump enough blood into circulation.  The underlying cause for the leaflets to become thickened should be evaluated...often it is the result of some calcification that can be properly managed.

Q:  MILD TRICUSPID REGURGITATION and PULMONIC REGURGITATION. Should I worry about these results? I will truly appreciate an expert opinion.

Mild backflow of valves are almost always of no medically significance and should be of no medical concern.

The information is probably the best evaluation based on the information provided and shouldn't be of any concern.  It is common to have some valve leakage (backflow) and the condtion never progresses nor cause any symptoms.  The thickening of the leaflets would  
be something you may want to discuss with your doctor, but currently there is no issue of concern.

Hope this provides a perspective and helps you with any further consultation with your doctor. Take care,

Ken