Heart Disease Expert Forum
kidney pain connection with chest pain??

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Over the last year I periodically have kidney/bladder pain with backache, etc.  usually the next day I have shortness of breath, left  chest numbness/pressure, headache,  sweating, swelling of hands and feet and a weight gain of about 5 pounds.  I am extremely tired and after about 4-5 days all symptoms disappear.  Is there a connection between a bladder/kidney infection and the retention of fluid that is directly related to the chest discomfort and shortness of breath?  I cannot afford a lot of tests, etc. to find out that it is nothing.  I am in my mid-50's.  thank you
Avatar n tn
Dear dac

Not usually.  Your symptoms sound more like anxiety than angina or chest pain.  

I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.

Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own
     doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call
     1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart
     Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to
     address your cardiac problem.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, kidney pain & chest pain was started.