lad block 90% - what to do
my self arpit shah. My mother got heart problem on 7-11-09, doctor has taken ecg & tropolin test -it was positive with 7.5, doctor sugest for angiography- we had done it, result of angiograph shows,
LAD is block 50% at upper, 90% in middle - other artery are ok & normal.

for this what can be the medicine?
bypass is required or not?

please give the guidence for this

arpit shah -
ahmedabad - gujarat- india
Well, I am surprised a 90% blockage wasn't treated while the angiogram was being performed. This makes me wonder if the blockage is too difficult to treat with such procedures. The heart is obviously suffering from  a lack of oxygen due to the troponin being positive. A bypass would easily resolve the problem, but if possible I would try to find a Doctor who can treat it using Angioplasty. With all the other arteries being normal,
I think a stent will probably work wonders in your Mother. The 50% is really not a concern, this sounds like a big blockage but it is considered that 70% and above should be treated.
Was the angiogram a CT scan?  It seems if the angiogram was a cath intervention through the coronary vessel a stent implant would have been done at the time to save money and reduce the risk?!  Generally a lesion greater than 70% and medication doesn't relieve symptoms, then a stent implant.  Sometimes a stent implant is not an option due to location, etc. and a bypass may be the only option.  

I have a totally blocked LAD and 70% circumflex and have been on medication going on 6 years without any problems.